The Asian Institute of Technology promotes technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research and outreach. Established in Bangkok in 1959, AIT has become a leading regional postgraduate institution and is actively working with public and private sector partners throughout the region and with some of the top universities in the world.
Recognized for its multinational, multicultural ethos, the Institute
operates as a self-contained international community at its campus
located 40km (25 miles) north of downtown Bangkok, Thailand.
Besides the usual labs and academic buildings, the main campus includes housing, sports, and medical facilities, a conference center, and a library with over 230,000 volumes and 830 print and on-line periodicals.
All serve to fulfill AIT's Mission which is:
To develop highly qualified and
committed professionals who play leading roles in the region's
sustainable development and its integration into the global
Some Key Facts and Figures
- 1700+ Students from 60+ Countries/Territories
- 19800+ Alumni from 90+ Countries/Territories
- 29000+ Short-term Trainees from 70+ Countries/Territories
- 75 Internationally recruited Faculty from 20+ Countries
- 101 Adjunct / Visiting Faculty
- 500+ Research and Support Staff from 30+ Countries
- Approximately 450 Sponsored
Research Projects worth 1.6 Billion Thai Baht (THB)
- 300+ Partners
- 33 Board of Trustee members from 19 Countries
- 3 Schools
- 1000+ courses offered
- 24 Research and Outreach Centers
- Operational Turnover: 1.2 Billion Thai Baht (THB)
- AIT Offers
- Masters degrees: MBA, MEng, MSc
- Executive Master Degree Programs
- Doctoral Degrees: DEng, DTechSc, PhD
- Diploma and Certificate Programs
- An intensive English language and academic Bridging Program
- Non-degree continuing education courses for practicing professionals
1989 Ramon Magsaysay Award for International Understanding
... for shaping a new generation of engineers and managers committed to Asia , in an atmosphere of academic excellence and regional camaraderie.