PR China Scholarships for Chinese Students: August 2017 Intake
ADMISSIONS AND SCHOLARSHIPS SELECTION PROCEDURES UNDER THE MOU BETWEEN CHINA SCHOLARSHIP COUNCIL (CSC), MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, P.R.CHINA AND THE ASIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (AIT)
Chinese applicants to AIT interested to avail of the Scholarships under the MOU with CSC, PR China and AIT should contact the China Scholarship Council. For a better understanding of CSC requirements, please refer to URL http://www.csc.edu.cn or please contact the following persons:
Under the CSC-AIT Scholarship Program, CSC will offer annually 10 scholarships covering, as prescribed by the Chinese Central Government, pure tuition fee, registration fee and research fee, living stipend (health insurance included) and a return international airfare to China by the most economical route, as well as visa application fee.
CSC and AIT will support the following areas of study with priority: Engineering, Technology, and Management.
1. Entry Criteria
(1) Candidates will be citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application;
(2) Candidates must not be currently working or studying abroad;
(3) The awardees must return to China upon their completion of their studies and/or research;
(4) Candidates are encouraged to obtain information about admission requirement and admission procedure directly from AIT. Doctoral candidates must receive a written confirmation from AIT that an AIT faculty member is available and willing to supervise them.
(5) Candidates should be intending to pursue study/research in one of the priority academic areas identified by AIT and CSC. However, applicants to other study/research areas will also be considered. The academic areas are also subject to the availability of relevant programs of study at AIT.
(6) Candidate should satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC by completing the CSC Application Form and the CSC Employer Reference Form at http://apply.csc.edu.cn/.
2. The Timetable for August 2017
(1) By March 15, AIT will provide to CSC its students application forms (http://www.ait.ac.th/admissions/forms.html), a list of all required documents for application and keep CSC informed with the deadline for applications.
(2) March 15-20, CSC will make an announcement to all relevant universities/institutes of China about this Program and present them the CSC eligible criteria for CSC Scholarship and the AIT application forms.
(3) March 21 – April 10, all applicants submit their applications online and send the required documents to CSC.
(4) By May 15, CSC will send by post mail to AIT a list of applicants who meet the requirements together with their application documents; Hence AIT can receive all documents from CSC before the AIT deadline for application.
(5) By May 31, AIT will go through all application documents and keep CSC informed with the final results by the end of May, together with the Offer Letter for all qualified applicants.
(6) June, CSC will help to deliver hard copies of AIT Offer letters to all the qualified applicants.
(7) August, selected applicants by CSC and AIT should arrive at AIT for orientation and necessary procedures; for the doctoral applicants, they can also be enrolled in January’s semester.
(8) July 28 - August 2, Arrival / Pre-registration.
(9) August 04, Institute Wide Registration/ New Student’s Orientation.
(10) August 08, Classes begin.
(11) August 19, Last day for adding or dropping courses.
(12) September 10, AIT will provide formal invoices for tuition fee and registration fee to CSC through the First Secretary (Education) of the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Thailand while the latter will remit all the corresponding tuition and registration fees to the bank account of AIT.
The funding for each PHD program awardee will be up to 36 months.
The funding for each Master degree program awardee will be up to 24 months.
In order to distinguish that the
candidate is applying for admission with scholarship under the present
Program, the application should be indicated by writing “CSC/AIT”
For further enquiries on AIT Admissions
Requirements and Procedures, applicant can visit the AIT Admissions website. Application forms can
also be donwloaded from the site. They may also contact the following
address as well as send completed Application Forms, with supporting