Announcement by AIT President Prof. Worsak Kanok-Nukulchai on Administrative Structure and Team
vide email on 19 June 2018 (with modification in August 2018).
"As has already been announced, the AIT President Designate will join the Institute and take office from 1 September 2018. Subject to the approval of the Board, the AIT President designate will set up his administrative structure and appoint Vice President(s), as well as selects his administrative team including the School Deans. Since the whole process would take some time to complete, I made the following temporary appointments during the transition period to ensure continuation of important parts of the AIT Administration.
1. Professor Sivanappan Kumar as Acting Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA), from 1 July 2018 to 31 December 2018.
I would like to take this opportunity to convey our sincere thanks and appreciation to Professor Kazuo Yamamoto and Mr Surendra Shrestha, who will be completing their terms of office on 30 June 2018, and have rendered dedicated service to the Institute in their roles as Vice President for Administration and Vice President for Development, respectively.
I will be in charge of the tasks previously assigned to the VP-Administration and VP-Development until 31 August 2018.
2. Professor Voratas Kachitvichyanukul as Acting Dean of the School of Engineering & Technology (SET), from 1 September 2018 to 31 December 2018.
3. Professor Rajendra P Shrestha as Acting Dean of the School of Environment, Resources & Development (SERD), from 1 July 2018 to 31 December 2018.
Prof. Nazrul Islam will be Acting Dean of School of Management from 10-31 August 2018.
Responsibility Center Directors
4. Mr Kevin Mauritson as Principal / Director of the AIT International School (AITIS), from 1 July 2018 to 31 December 2018, with the possibility of extension until 30 June 2019 if a suitable successor is not available by 31 December 2018
5. Dr Gabriel Louis Hornyak as Acting Director of the Center of Excellence in Nanotechnology (CoEN) from 1 September 2018 to 31 December 2018, while waiting for a new full-time faculty in Nanotechnology to be recruited and concurrently appointed as the new CoEN Director.
6. Professor Nitin K Tripathi as Director of Special & Online Degree Programs, from 1 July 2018 to 31 December 2019
7. Mr Osamu Mizuno as Director (on secondment) of the Regional Resource Center for Asia and the Pacific (RRCAP) from 20 July 2018 to 31 December 2019
The respective terms of office of other Responsibility Center Directors continue and remain unchanged.
Service Center Directors
8. Ms Watcharin Intha, currently the Associate Director, is promoted to be the Director of the AIT Library, from 1 July 2018
On behalf of all members of the AIT community, I wish to express my sincerest appreciation to Ms Pranee Kiriyanant for her efforts and valuable academic and administrative contributions made during her 10-year term of office as Library Coordinator / Director over the past 20 years of dedicated service to the Institute, even beyond her mandatory retirement after reaching the age of 60. We thank Khun Pranee for her outstanding accomplishments, especially during the difficult period following the flood in 2011, the reconstruction of the flood-devastated AIT Library leading to the inauguration of the modernized AIT Library by Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn. We wish her an enjoyable retirement she deserves, and happiness in her future activities.
9. Mr Vasvan Songpitakchai is appointed as Acting Director of the Office of Procurement, Inventory & Assets (OPIA), from 1 July 2018
On behalf of all members of the AIT community, I also wish to express my sincerest appreciation for the superb service of Ms Pakkamol Dherapongsthada, who has been working tirelessly and with great devotion on hundreds of contracts after the flood and during the 5-year rehabilitation of the entire campus leading to its current renaissance. She has given 10 years of dedicated service to the Institute, even beyond her mandatory retirement after reaching the age of 60. We wish her an enjoyable retirement she deserves, and happiness in her future activities.
10. Mr Jiraphong Bumpenyoo will continue as interim Director of Human Resources Services (OHRS), from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019. Now that the Institute has become more stable, it shall restart the process of recruiting a new OHRS Director. No qualified candidates have applied for this position since after the flood, a situation that required us to invite Khun Jiraphong, our former HR Head to return as interim OHRS Director. We appreciate Khun Jiraphong’s second round of services to AIT while the open competition and international recruitment of the position of OHRS Director is underway.
The respective terms of office of other Service Center Directors continue and remain unchanged.
Let us all give them our support and utmost cooperation, especially to those given new assignments and tasks.
Prof Worsak Kanok-Nukulchai
Asian Institute of Technology
19 June 2018.
[Please note: Kindly read this along with the previous announcement https://www.ait.ac.th/about/administration/central-administration-structure/]