The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Thailand is offering applicants to its Master and Doctoral degree programs an opportunity to qualify for generous academic fellowships. A large number of no-bond AIT Fellowships are available for students applying for postgraduate programs offered at AIT’s School of Engineering and Technology (SET); School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD); and School of Management (SOM). As Asia’s leading international higher learning institute, the AIT Fellowships are intended to increase the number of skilled international scientists, engineers, and managers required to meet the future challenges of the emerging Asian Economic Community region and beyond.
Eligibility requirements to be considered for AIT Fellowships
- Students of all nationalities are eligible.
- Satisfy English Requirements.
- Priority is given to Master degree applicants.
- A four-year Bachelor degree from a recognized university is required.
- Applicants to MBA programs require a minimum of one-year’s relevant work experience.
AIT Fellowships for Master Degree
|Fellowship||Value of Fellowship Grant||Cumulative GPA requirement|
|100%||768,000 Baht (covers tuition fees of 4 semesters)||GPA ≥ 3.50 or equivalent|
|75%||576,000 Baht (covers tuition fees of 3 semesters)||GPA ≥ 3.00 or equivalent|
|50%||384,000 Baht (covers tuition fees of 2 semesters)||GPA ≥ 2.75 or equivalent|
AIT Fellowships for Doctoral Degree
- Applicants should have a Cumulative GPA of 3.50 in their Master’s degree and 2.75 in their undergraduate program from top universities.
Fellowships cover tuition fees only but do not cover registration fees, accommodation fees or living expenses.
Please be informed that the above scheme is to be used as guidelines of the Selection Committee, but not necessary means that every applicant with the required GPA will receive the corresponding amount of the fellowship. The final decision will rest totally with the Selection Committee.
AIT Fellowship for August 2017 Intake: Deadline: 30 June 2017