Bangchak Doctoral Scholarships
Call for Applications for Bangchak Doctoral Scholarship at AIT in August 2022 Semester
Bangchak Initiative and Innovative Centre (BIIC@AIT) located at Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Thailand is currently looking for excellent doctoral applicants in
- Food Engineering and Bioprocess Technology (FEBT)
- Environmental Engineering programs (EEM).
All research assistant scholarships are fully-funded (covering the stipend and tuition fees) and open to students from any nationality. English is the official language of communication at AIT.
The Bangchak Initiative and Innovative Center addresses fundamental and applied research challenges facing the Renewable energy industry worldwide and its objective is to inculcate entrepreneurship and innovation enterprises. The Center is generously funded to collaborate closely with top industries and universities domestically and internationally.
Responsibilities and tasks
The role of researcher is mainly, but not exclusively, to carry out innovative research which will lead into patents and commercial products. They will act as a bridge between both the industry and academic research objectives, in order to bring about highly structured and well-defined solutions to the industrial problems. BIIC@AIT researchers will be expected to have both academic and industry experience, together with a sound understanding of the wider energy landscape beyond their area of expertise. All researchers will be expected to initiate and contribute to writing of proposals and other external funding streams.
- Any nationality is welcome to apply
- First-class (honours) bachelor’s and master’s degrees or equivalent (Master GPA above 3.50 out of 4.0)
- Have English proficiency score as required by AIT Language Center (IELTS-Academic: 6 (writing and overall) or AIT EET ≥ 6.0, TOEFL ≥ 550).
- The role of researcher is to carry out innovative research which will lead to patent and commercial products
- Ability to present results in technical reports, and prepare scientific papers for publication in high impact factor international refereed journals.
- Capable of working within a project team to achieve innovative results.
- Exceptional communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in incubation/founding start-up company is added advantage
- Experience in the following fields will be a plus; Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Big Data Analytics, Blockchain, Energy technology, Clean Technology, Smart Cities etc.
Specific Requirements for Energy Area
- Relevant power electronic industrial and research experience
- Hardware Experience/Knowledge on Converters, prototype development.
- Exceptional coding ability in programming tools such as Matlab, Python etc. and experience in design and modelling tools like Simulink/PSIM/LabVIEW/ or other power electronics simulation tools
Specific Requirements for FEBT Area
- Having Bachelor and Master degrees in Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Science and Technology and/or similar relevant subjects
Specific Requirements for EEM Area
- Having Bachelor and Master degree in biochemical or chemical engineering, civil engineering, environmental engineering, public health science or related applied sciences.
- Capable of programming and experience in design and modelling of wastewater treatment systems.
- Experience/Knowledge on controls of bioreactor.
We offer an interesting and challenging international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation, which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. The bursary is consistent with the current norm for doctoral students. The period of student assistantship is 42 months.
Selected candidates will get a unique opportunity to co-found an international start-up company with separate funding from BIIC or others.
For Admission in August 2022 batch, Please fill the online application which is given in the following link http://www.services.ait.ac.th/admissions/. Along with this application, applicant should send the following documents all in one combined PDF file to the following email (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 31st March 2020. The successful candidates will get enrolled immediately in August 2020 semester.
- Covering letter
- Project proposal with pitching ideas which may lead to commercial products/start-ups (2 pages maximum)
- Information about education, exams and previous relevant work/research experience (a CV).
- Certified copies of academic diplomas and certificates.
- Publications relevant to the research scope and any other work which the applicant wishes to be taken into account and should clearly state the applicant’s contribution.
- Names and contact information of at least two references