Bangchak Master Scholarships
Bangchak Initiative and Innovative Centre (BIIC@AIT) located at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Thailand is currently looking for excellent master applicants with interests in green Energy such as smart energy platform and Bio-based product with a focus on value-added from Algae. All research assistant scholarships are fully-funded (covering the stipend and tuition fees) and open to students from any country.
The Bangchak Initiative and Innovative Centre addresses fundamental and applied research challenges facing the Renewable energy industry worldwide and its objective is to inculcate entrepreneurship and creation of enterprises on knowledge-based innovation. The research program concentrates on smart energy platform which includes energy storage, smart device and energy efficiency and bio-based product which can be biomaterial, biodegradable and biomedical. The Centre is generously funded to collaborate closely with top industries and universities domestically and internationally.
Responsibilities and tasks
The role of the researcher is mainly, but not exclusively, to carry out innovative research in the field of smart energy platform and bio-based product which will lead to commercial products. They will act as a bridge between both industry needs and academic research objectives in order to bring about highly structured and well-defined solutions to the industrial problems. BIIC@AIT researchers will be expected to have both academic and industry experience, together with a sound understanding of the wider energy landscape beyond their area of expertise. All researchers will be expected to initiate and contribute to the writing of proposals and other external funding streams.
- We seek highly motivated and excellent candidates who possess first-class (honours) Bachelor degree or equivalent (a GPA or average mark of at least 85% or the top 10% of graduates) in disciplines like Electrical/ Mechanical/Civil/Environment Engineering or in relevant fields;
- With relevant industrial and research experience;
- With hardware experience/knowledge on Converters, prototype development;
- With exceptional coding ability in programming tools such as Matlab, Python etc. and experience in design and modelling tools or other electrical power system analysis and power electronics simulation tools;
- Ability to present results in technical reports, and prepare scientific papers for publication in international refereed journals;
- The role of researcher is to carry out innovative research which will lead to commercial products;
- Capable of working within a project team to achieve innovative results;
- With exceptional communication, organisation and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in incubation/founding start-up company is an added advantage.
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation, which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for master students. The period of student assistantship is 24 months.
For Admission in January 2018 Intake, please apply online application at https://www.ait.ac.th/admissions/application-form/. Along with this application, an applicant should send the following documents in one combined PDF file to the following email (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 18th November 2017:
- Covering letter;
- Project proposal which may lead to commercial products (2 pages maximum);
- Information about education, exams and previous relevant work/research experience (a CV);
- Certified copies of academic diplomas and certificates;
- Publications relevant to the research scope and any other work which the applicant wishes to be taken into account and should clearly state the applicant’s contribution;
- Names and contact information of at least two references.
The successful candidate can start immediately in January 2018 Intake.
For further information about the application process, please contact:
Prof. Weerakorn Ongsakul email@example.com or
Application deadline for January 2018 Intake: 18 November 2017