Japanese Government Scholarships
The Government of Japan is offering Doctoral scholarships in Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems of the School of Engineering and Technology (SET) from the following following priority countries.
1) Southeast Asia: Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines and Malaysia
2) South Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka
- Have strong academic records (both undergraduate and graduate) and normally hold a four-year Bachelor's Degree, and a Master's Degree, preferably with a combination of course and thesis work, from an institution of good standing, acceptable to AIT. The minimum GPA requirement for admission to the Doctoral program is 3.50 or equivalent at the Master's degree level.
- Submit a brief outline of dissertation research proposal including the required research facilities, if necessary.
- Receive a written confirmation that a faculty member at AIT is available and willing to supervise.
- Tuition and registration fees (maximum 6 semesters)
- Bursary and accommodation costs
- Visa fee
- Medical insurance
- Student Union fee
- Research support
- One round-trip international air travel-economy class (for non-Thai applicants)
Application deadline: 15 April 2019 CLOSED