Japan Government scholarship for 1-year Master’s Degree Program in Marine Plastic Abatement (MPA), School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD), AIT
AIT launch one year’s Master’s Program on Marine Plastic Abatement (MPA) in August 2020 through the one time support from the Government of Japan. The program will train a new generation of Asian environmental leaders to combat the ocean plastic litter problem through advanced technologies and sound management practices.
The top 6 countries in the world that discharge the most plastic debris into the ocean are in Asia, according to the scientific research. Therefore, to empower young practitioners, social entrepreneurs, officials and professionals who can play significant roles in the marine plastic abatement is a key for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This contribution from Japan is to support “MARINE Initiative” unveiled at the G20 Osaka Summit in 2019, aimed at reducing additional pollution by marine plastic litter to zero by 2050.
- Nationalities: Developing Countries;
- Applicant must fulfill the AIT Entry Requirements;
- Four years of undergraduate degree program or equivalent;
- English Proficiency Requirement: AIT-EET:6 or IELTS-Academic:6 (writing 6) or TOEFL Paper: 550 (writing 59-61) or TOELF CBT: 213 (writing 25-26): TOEFL IBT: 80 (writing 21-23)
- Applicant must apply for 1 year Master’s Program in Marine Plastic Abatement Program of School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD)
- The diversity of students’ home countries will be considered in the selection process.
Scholarship covers the tuition and registration fees; provides bursary and accommodation allowances, medical insurance, visa renewal fee, research grant, and return air fare from home country.
- Admissions and Scholarship Unit, Office of Student Affairs: email@example.com
- Office of International Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environmental and Engineering Program(EEM): email@example.com