Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Africa and Asia (RIMES) Scholarship
The Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Africa and Asia (RIMES) Scholarship support for brighter students to pursue a post-graduate degree in a preferred discipline (Disaster Preparedness, Mitigation and Management) at the Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.
Name of the Scholarship: “RIMES Scholarship”
Scholarship Coverage: Tuition Fee 48 Credits and Registration Fees for a maximum of 4 Semesters
Degree Program: Master’s (Regular 2-year Master)
Academic Program eligible for Scholarship (2020 - 2022): Disaster Preparedness Mitigation and Management (DPMM, SET - SERD)
- Any Country but preferably RIMES member countries;
- Applicant must fulfill the AIT Entry Requirements;
- Hold a Bachelor degree (normally from a four-year program), or its equivalent, in an appropriate field of study from an institution of good standing acceptable to AIT;
- Have undergraduate grades significantly above average; the minimum cGPA requirement for admission to the Master's Program is 2.75 or equivalent, at the Bachelor degree level;
- English Proficiency Requirement: IELTS-Academic or AIT EET score of above 5.0.
The candidate would be shortlisted by a joint evaluation committee comprising DPMM Program Chair and Director, RIMES. The student shall be allowed to pursue research on one of the RIMES ongoing project activities.
Scholarship Availability: August 2020
Disaster Preparedness Mitigation and Management (DPMM)