NEW FLEXIBLE MASTER’S OPTION FOR JANUARY 2021
The “Flexible Master’s Option” is a new alternative to our traditional “On-campus Master Option” to conduct Master studies at AIT. It is applicable to selected programs at all of our schools. Students will receive the same degree and the same academic requirements apply as the program offered in our regular “On-campus Option”. Students can do almost all coursework online via AIT’s Hybrid Mode of Instruction (certain programs may require a lab and research work on campus).
How it Works
Typically, the 1st year is online via AIT’s Hybrid Instruction. Students may spread coursework over more than one year. Students take the same course offered to on-campus students via Hybrid Mode. All classes are recorded for later viewing.
After completion of the coursework, students can do their research or thesis in the AIT Campus at a flexible time. In coordination with the Program Chair, students may come to campus in short blocks or up to 11 months, typically for thesis research work.
This is not an online program; students still need to come to the AIT Campus for certain activities such as labs or research work and the graduation ceremony. However, we will allow high flexibility for such activities at our beautiful green AIT Campus in Thailand.
Total flexible time to complete the program is 4 years.
The following programs offer the Flexible Master’s Option:
School of Engineering and Technology (SET)
DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL AND INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING
• Geotechnical and Earth Resources Engineering (GTE)
• Water Engineering and Management (WEM)
• Transportation Engineering (TE)
• Disaster Preparedness, Mitigation and Management (DPMM)
• Structural Engineering (STE)
DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
• Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering (IME)
• IoT Systems Engineering (IoT)
• Data Science and AI (DSAI)
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGIES
• Computer Science (CS)
• Information Management (IM)
• Telecommunications (TC)
• IoT Systems Engineering (IOT)
• Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
• Data Science and AI (DSAI)
School of Environment, Resources and Development (SERD)
DEPARTMENT OF FOOD, AGRICULTURE AND BIORESOURCES
• Agribusiness Management (ABM)
• Agricultural Systems and Engineering (ASE)
• Food Innovation, Nutrition and Health (FINH)
DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY
• Natural Resources Management (NRM)
• Regional and Rural Development Planning (RRDP)
DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY, ENVIRONMENT AND CLIMATE CHANGE
• Climate Change and Sustainable Development (CCSD)
School of Management (SOM)
• Master of Business Administration (MBA)
• Business Analytics and Digital Transformation (MSc)
• International Finance (MSc)
The Flexible Master’s Option gives you the flexibility you need!
• Flexible Time Management, “study when you’re free”, take courses online from home.
• Flexible Payment management, “pay as you study”, payment course-by-course.
• No need to come to the AIT Campus for most of your coursework.
• Work & Study at your own pace from any location.
The Flexible Master’s Option has the same cost as our regular “On-Campus Option”. However, all Schools provide AIT Scholarships for eligible candidates. To give you more flexibility, we allow you to pay course-by-course. You need to register for a minimum of 6 credits per semester (equivalent to 2 courses). You may take up to 15 credits per semester. Some additional fees such as an initial application fee and Language Center fee are waived for the January 2021 intake.
How to Apply
To apply, go to the AIT online application form by clicking here and choose “Flexible Master Degree” in the drop down menu of the selected program.
The application deadline is 31st December 2020
First, you need to decide for how many courses you want to enrollee, the minimum enrollment is 6 credits which is equivalent to 2 courses. The Program Secretary can advise you on details. You need to pay the full fee for your courses before the start of the semester latest by 8 January 2021.
All details to make payments are at this website, Click here.
Contact & Support
For further inquiries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the registration fee and tuition fees you need to pay the application fee (800 Bath) and the Language Center fee (2000 Bath) only once.
The application is online at this link Application Form. Choose “Flexible Master Degree” in the drop down menu of the selected program.